This module provides an introduction to plant life in New Zealand including both native and exotic species. This module is freely available in electronic form in its entirety or as individual chapters. A hard copy can be purchased from the Network shop.
- Chapter 1 - Introduction
- Chapter 2 - Why New Zealand Plants?
- Chapter 3 - Plant names
- Chapter 4 - Where plants grow and why
- Chapter 5 - Plant communities
- Chapter 6 - Life cycle and growth form
- Chapter 7 - Flowers
- Chapter 8 - Spores, seeds and fruit
- Chapter 9 - Leaves
- Chapter 10 - Stems and bark
- Chapter 11 - Roots
- Chapter 12 - Plant identification
- Chapter 13 - Collecting specimens
- Full document