DOC leading the development of a new Biodiversity Strategy for NZ
DOC is leading the development of a new biodiversity strategy for New Zealand. New Zealand’s last biodiversity strategy laid out actions to protect our nature until the end of 2019. The new strategy will set a vision and guide our biodiversity work for the next 50 years.
DOC have consulted with iwi, interest groups, specialists and three reference groups (stakeholders and experts in Te Ao Māori and science) to identify their aspirations for and the importance of our nature, these have been summarized in the discussion document Te Koiroa o te Koiora.
Now DOC wants to hear what you think. From 5 August until 22 September 2019, DOC want your feedback.
Link to Te Koiroa o te Koiora: https://www.doc.govt.nz/globalassets/documents/conservation/protecting-and-restoring/biodiversity-discussion-document.pdf
How to provide feedback:
- Fill in DOC’s online survey (external site)
- Join the conversation online via HiveMind (external site)
- Come to a regional workshop
- Youth can participate on digital platform, The Hive (external site)
- If you’re a Treaty Partner, attend a regional hui
Posted: 16 August 2019