Important Notice for Members
Welcome to the new and very much improved NZPCN website. You may not notice some differences but overall we believe the improvements are significant, especially for those who work in the ‘back end’ of the website editing species fact sheets and managing page content.
For security reasons, current membership passwords have not been transferred to the new website. Now, when you try to log-in at www.nzpcn.org.nz you will be prompted to reset your password (using the ‘forgot password’ function). Note, the new system requires your email address to log-in, not a username as previously used – if you are unsure which email address you have associated with your account there is a prompt to work this out too.
Users will notice some changes to the website, including:
- The ‘search’ function has been improved across the website and also on our ancillary website for the Botanical Society Journals (http://bts.nzpcn.org.nz/)
- Our website is now optimised for touch devices and will be much easier to use on phones and tablets.
- There is no Forum on the new website – running a forum takes a lot of time and effort and is not a current priority.
- The species observation function has not been carried over – instead users are directed to iNaturalistNZ where they can see observation data and contribute their own. Note, 2000 of the PDF species lists are still available under Publications > Plant Lists. We are working toward adding more species lists to our site.
- The site is now secure, giving total peace of mind when entering credit card details for online shop purchases or subscription payments.
Posted: 8 April 2020